EU.RO Group Company is committed to compliance with relevant European data protection laws and will responsibly protect the information you provide to us and the information we collect in the course of operating our business.
- The types of information we collect
- How we use the information
- How we share the information
- Third-party services and content
- Protection and storage of the information
- Your choices and rights
- How to contact us
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. We may automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with our website. And we may collect information from other sources, such as social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content.Information you provide to us
You generally can use our website without providing us with personal information. We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you communicate with us via email or other channels; when you sign up for or request that we send you newsletters, alerts, or other materials and when you respond to our communications or requests for information by online contact form. The information you provide may include your name, contact information.Information we may collect automatically
We use a third-party service, Google Analytics, and similar technologies (collectively, ‘Cookies’) to collect and store certain information when you use, access, or interact with our website. We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access the website, the operating system and version, your IP address, your general geographic location as indicated by your IP address, your browser type, the content you view and features you access on the website, the web pages you view immediately before and after you access the website, whether and how you interact with content available on the website.Information we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us: update, expand, and analyze our records; identify new clients; or prevent or detect fraud. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms including but not limited to when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.How we use the information
We may use the information we collect:
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To provide you with legal and other services that you request;
- To operate, troubleshoot, and improve the Digital Services;
- To send you newsletters, legal news, marketing communications, and other information or materials that may interest you;
- To maintain our database;
- To understand how people use our website, including by generating and analyzing statistics;
- For the company’s business purposes, including data analysis; submitting invoices; detecting, preventing, and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement;
- To assess the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns, and publications;
- To evaluate, recruit, and hire personnel.
The EU.RO Group Company is a provider of legal services. Our offices share information with each other for business purposes such as internal administration, billing, promoting our events and services, and providing you or your organization with services.
We may also disclose information we collect:
- To our third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, event hosting services, and information technology providers.
- To law enforcement, other government authorities or third parties (within or outside the jurisdiction in which you reside) as may be permitted or required by the laws of any jurisdiction that may apply to us; as provided for under contract; for immigration requirements or as we deem reasonably necessary to provide legal services. In these circumstances, we take reasonable efforts to notify you before we disclose information that may reasonably identify you, unless prior notice is prohibited by applicable law or is not possible or reasonable in the circumstances.
- To service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Performance of a contract – We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract that you have with us. For example, when you use our website, we will use your personal information to respond to your requests and provide you with such services.
We deploy administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to comply with applicable legal requirements and safeguard the information that we collect. This includes, when required or appropriate and feasible, obtaining written assurances from third parties that may access your data that they will protect the data with safeguards designed to provide a level of protection equivalent to that adopted by the company.
However, no information system can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
Whenever we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it, either by making our own assessment of adequacy, or using one of the standard mechanisms available to us. These may include:
- Transfer to countries or organizations that have officially been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe (called the “EU Model Clauses”).
- Where we use providers based outside European Union, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and other countries. If the provider is not EU Privacy Shield certified, we may use the EU Model Clauses.
We retain the information we collect no longer than as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the information and to comply with our legal obligations.Your choices and rights
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know by sending us an email via our contact page. And the electronic marketing communications we send you will contain opt-out mechanisms that allow you to register your marketing preferences.
Subject to applicable laws, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate. You can also ask us to see what personal information we hold about you, to erase your personal information and you may tell us if you object to our use of your personal information.How to contact us
If you would like to contact us with questions about our privacy or data protection practices, please send us an email via our contact page.